Connecting people in a fragmented world
Would you like to be part of something special?
We are attempting to create the world's largest collaborative story with the help of people like you! If you are an aspiring writer, an author, or just think this will be fun, then this is for you.
Register your interest with us below to stay updated with the progress, and be first to know when a new page has not been claimed for a while
The next page is open and available to be claimed right now
How it works
- On the 4th March 2021 the story began, with us providing the first page.
- People claim the next pages for themselves, and the story starts to unfold.
- You can claim the next page for yourself. Once claimed you have 6 hours to submit your page (1750 characters).
- After being approved, your page is live, and somebody else can claim the next one to keep the story going.
Once the story has reached a natural conclusion, it will be published and sold with all profits going directly to charity.Click here to read the story so far and get involved
Rules & Guidelines
To ensure the story continues to be successful it is important that all submissions follow a set of guidelines to ensure that the integrity and consistency is kept intact.
- No explicitly sexual responses, hate speech, or other harmful content.
- All submissions are to be written using the English language.
- The editors reserve the right to remove submissions if the quality or content does not uphold the integrity of the ongoing story. The position will then be allocated to another contributor.
- Be flexible. Sacrifice some of your vision for the work in order to accommodate the overall story, and have reasonable expectations that your other collaborators will do the same.
- The People's Story is only for people aged 16 or over.
- The copyright of each page remains with the writer of that page.
However our most important rule is to.. have fun!