An Introduction to the Parker 51 Collection
The Parker 51 was established in the early 1940s to commemorate the brand's 50th anniversary (1939). They took on a design inspired by fighter jets and proved to be one of the most popular pen collections in the world. Today, the Parker 51 remains one of the most sought after and collected.
About this nib
The parker 51 nib has a conical shape made from precious resin. The hooded design is distinctive and thought to prevent your pen from drying out (due to less exposure to air). The writing point is stainless steel and offers a smooth writing experience.
Which pens will this nib fit?
The nib is compatible with the modern version of the Parker 51 fountain pen with a teal-coloured barrel and chrome trims (produced post-2021). Sadly, it is not compatible with older models as the fittings are different in size to previous versions.
How to change your nib
- Step 1: You first need to remove the old nib from your pen. To do this, you simply unscrew the grip section from the barrel of the pen.
- Step 2: At this stage, it's important to remove the ink cartridge or converter from the old nib (if applicable) and clean both thoroughly if you plan to keep or re-use them later.
- Step 3: We recommend inserting a new cartridge or clean converter with your new nib.
- Step 4: You can then screw the new nib into the barrel of your pen
- Step 5: Start writing and enjoy.
Top Tip: We advise cleaning your pen and nib regularly to prolong its writing quality. If you don't use your pen frequently or put it away for long periods, it is best to clean it beforehand.
If you have any questions about this product or fountain pen nibs, please get in touch with us and a member of the team will be happy to help.