An Introduction to the Parker 51 Collection
The first Parker 51 models were released in the early 1940s to celebrate 50 years of Parker as a brand (1939). They took on a design inspired by fighter jets with a conical shape and rapidly became one of the world's most popular pen collections. They are still widely collected by writers and pen enthusiasts and remain one of Parker's best-selling products.
About this Nib
The nib features a precious resin grip with a cone shape and hooded writing tip. It's thought that the hooded design prevents ink from drying inside the nib feed and is less likely to leak. It has a high-quality stainless steel writing point and matching chrome trims.
Which pens is the nib compatible with?
The nib is designed for use with the modern Parker 51 fountain pens produced post-2021 with a midnight blue finish. Sadly, this nib will not fit older models due to the fittings being different in size.
How to change your nib
- Step 1: you first need to remove the old nib from your pen by unscrewing it from the barrel.
- Step 2: At this stage, we recommend removing the ink cartridge or converter from your old nib (if applicable) and cleaning each item if you plan to keep or re-use them.
- Step 3: We recommend inserting a new ink cartridge or clean converter into your new nib.
- Step 4: You can then screw the new nib into the barrel of your pen
- Step 5: Start writing and enjoy the experience!
Top Tip: We recommend giving your fountain pens a regular clean to prolong its writing quality. Every two weeks is a great routine to stick to, and we advise cleaning your pen if you need to store it away for a while.
If you have any questions about this nib or the Parker 51 collection, please get in touch and our team will be happy to help you.